Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday

Woke up at 7:20am to my alarm. So did NOT want to get up. But I had to.
I took a shower, did my hair, grabbed my coffee and headed out the door for my long drive to Charlotte.
By the time I got gas and got on the expressway it was 8:18am. I pulled into Reach at 9:13. I was leaving Reach at 9:17. So, it took me an hour to get there and it took approximately 4 minutes to go in, catch the elevator, get my medicine, catch the elevator down, get back into my car and turn it on. 4 MINUTES. Then I started back on my hour drive home. The new medicine is called Ganirelax. It's replacing the Lupron.

Speaking of the Lupron, I'm now convinced that it is the Lupron that made me eat like a fat pig! My uncontrollable eating started when I started my Lupron 10 unit doses. I noticed that lately I have not been eating like a fatty. I've actually went back to eating normal. It started a couple days AFTER I dropped my Lupron down to 5 units. So, I've concluded that the Lupron made me eat like a fat pig. So good riddens to it!! I took the Ganirelix this morning and I have NO appetite. I made my stuffed peppers tonight and I could barely eat them. I forced myself to eat lunch so I wouldn't get a headache later. So I've went from "Hungry Hungry Hippo" to not wanting to eat anything at all. Both are bad.

Russ was so excited that I decided to make my Stuffed peppers tonight. He loves them!! He told me tonight that it is his Favorite me off all time. I asked if he liked it better then all the yummy dishes he makes and he said ABSOLUTELY!! So, all the cooking my husband does and his favorite dinner is my signature dish. Ahh..........that makes me feel great!!

Here's a picture of my delicious dinner










They are SOOO yummy!! My mom is even stopping by to pic one up for her lunch tomorrow.

Russ went golfing today. Well he was golfing, he ran over to the woods to pee. Well, on his way, he stepped on tree root and twisted his ankle. I didn't think it was any big deal when he told me, but when he got home I almost passed out! The side of his angle looks like he has a baseball under his skin. It's huge!! He won't put ice on it. Also, he did it around the 12th hole and continued to finish golfing through 18 holes. Dumb men!!

While Russ was golfing, I had a date with my neice Kayla. We went to see the movie Horton Hears a Who. It was so funny!!! Seriously, GREAT MOVIE even for adults!!











I can't remember all the funny lines, but here is one that just cracks me up.

"In my world, there are nothing but horses. They eat rainbows and poop butterflys"

I was laughing my butt off through the whole movie.

After the movie we went to Mr.Gatti's. It's a pizza/past buffet. The food is pretty bad. Kids love it, adults not so much. However, they do have a great salad bar. After we ate, we went to the game room and played games. I won the jackpot on one of the games and the machine spit out 293 tickets!!!! HOLY CRAP! Too bad it wasn't a slot machine!! We had a ton of fun.

I finished the blanket I made for my Russ's Aunt Janet. Took a picture of that too. I'm loving my camera lately!!


She was diagnosed with breast cancer back in October. She had a mastectomy a few weeks ago.
I was going to send her flowers, but I saw this material at Joann Fabrics and thought this would be so much better.


Well, It's 9pm. Time to go read my book and go to bed.

I have another Ultrasound and blood draw at 8:15am. I'm hoping they will have a day for my retreival. Fingers crossed!!

Night All!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

So a few things:

1.) Your signature dish lokks so good, and I have never had stuffed peppers! Yum!
2.) I so want to see Horton hears a Who and you totally sold me! I am going asap.
3.) I love your blanket that you made for Russ' Aunt. Beautiful! I am sure it will bring her great comfort!
4.) Hope the doctors appt tomorrow goes well. Been praying for you and thinking about you!
5.) Love yah!

Erin said...

My fingers and toes are crossed!!!

Dagny said...

yes, YUM. Your peppers look soooooooo good!! Glad Russ appriciates them!!!! :)

And, I totally want to see that movie too.........so bad.

Go luck with your apt today, and I am so excited that you might get an ER date!!!

Whoohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
xoxo