Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ugh!

headache smiley
I can't get rid of these sinus headaches. I don't know if it's allergies or hormones. I can't take anything for them. I just go home from work and lay in my bed next to the humidiphier. That's the only thing that helps. Oh, and I suck on preggo pop drops so I don't throw up because that makes my headache worse.
I can handle the morning sickness. I asked for that. But I can't do these headaches everyday. I can't get anything done at the house. My upstairs needs to be cleaned and vacuumed and I just can't do it with a headache and nauseua.

Bitch Alert
Yesterday I called my OB office because my gynocologist does not do babies, so I needed to know who I would be seeing so I could give the info to my RE to forward my records to them.
Well I explained to the nurse about being Dr. Hall's patients and he referred to me to a fertility clinic and going through IVF and now I'm pregnant and I will be released back to there office next week if all is well. Then I asked who my Dr would be. She said they have 3 OB's and a midwife and I would see them all. My first appt. would be two hours long, but the rest would be much shorter. I asked which would be my main dr and she said ALL OF THEM. So I guess I'll have 3 Ob's and a midwife. Then she asked me "Are you sure your really pregnant?"
WTF??? What does that mean? What part of fertility clinic and IVF seeing an RE that is transferring me back to you next week makes it sound like I'm NOT pregnant. And who the fuck makes an appt with an OB if your NOT pregnant. Seriously!
So I said " Well, I've had an ultrasound, saw the baby, heard the heartbeat, and had 3 betas done. I go for my 8 week ultrasound on Monday and if all is well, I get sent back to your office".
So she said "Well, why dont you just call back then and make the appointment so you'll know for sure".
Umm................ok, thanks bitch!
Why would you EVER ask a women that? Are you really pregnant. And call back when you know for sure. ESPECIALLY a women who's coming from a Fertility clinic.
I so wish I had her name, because I would send in a complaint. I just think that was so rude.

sad
Oh, and the crappiest news ever????
Russ is leaving for Hungry right after my ultrasound on Monday. He'll be gone for 2-3 weeks.
This sucks. Especially with how sick I am. AND I'm still on my shots which means I'll have to drive to my sisiters EVERY night to get my shot.
This just sucks. I want to cry.
I don't want him to go. I wish I had a say in it. He doesnt' want to go either, but he has no choice.

Well, that's my crappy day today. Yuck. I just want to go back to bed!

8 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I swear the first experience back into OB land is just insanely frustrating. I want there to be a OB for fertility patients - because for some reason - we know more then the OB's staff.

I am so sorry to hear about your husband untimely trip. My husband works nights the whole first trimester (and a month of the seond). Although he was still in the same town, We never saw eachother at all except every other weekend ( which is way more than you will get) It was tough tending to me and my hormones and my morning sickness. So you are in my thoughts

Rachel said...

I have no idea what's going on with American ob/gyns, but I had the exact same experience when I called to make my first appointment yesterday (and I posted about the stupidity). I'm in for a 'missed menses' (missing since 1992, but never mind) since they don't think my 2 ultrasounds are convincing enough.

How awful that Russ is leaving you for such a long time. Have you looked into a new long distance calling plan, or skype, or any other way that you can at least talk often?

HQ said...

The headaches should get better, they could be sinus or from increased blood flow. You should be able to take regular strength tylenol or reg sudefed. The ob will give you a list of approved meds. Good luck and Congrats.

hq

Dagny said...

Sorry your head is hurting so badly. Hopefully it abates sooner than later.

And sorry Russ is going away too. :(

But hang in there Mama!!

xoxo

Erin said...

You poor girl.. I am so sorry about the headaches... I have also heard that Tylenol products are ok to take... That girl was so rude! I am sorry she treated you like that! I waould so write a letter about her!! Love you and am thinking of you!

Phoenix said...

Aww Barb ((((((((((huggles)))))))))
What a crappy time for you.

Ok to start, steam inhalations with a few drops of sandalwood oil can do wonders to soothe sinus headaches.

I'm really sorry Russ will be away for so long. That's tough; god knows I pine when Larry's on call for a week! We'll be here for you. I know its not the same but it may help a little. Spend the time planning the baby's room and present him with your ideas when he returns.

As for the bitch receptionist, I'd try to find out who she was, and if you can't, write in and complain giving the date and time you called. They'll be able to find out who was on the desk that day. Someone who has gone through the stress of ivf should not be subjected to such crap.

Thinking of you sweetie. xxx

Phoenix said...

PS could you go away with him?

Dagny said...

Update....Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee?????