Thursday, April 3, 2008

Priceless!

Shared Risk Program: $23,000.00
Pre Testing for IVF: $3,730.00
Medicine: $1,669.70


Finally being able to post this picture................PRICELESS!!!
I really had no intention of POAS (Peeing on a stick) today. But my friend Erin went to the hospital last night. She's 31 weeks pregnant with twins and her water broke last night.
I talked to her a couple times. When I hung up with her at 10:00pm she said "Barb, Do me a favor. POAS tomorrow so you can get your BFP on the same day my boys are born".
Well, how do you say no to that!!
Then I had a dream while I slept. I dreamt that I got a BFP on those exact sames tests that I had in my drawer.
So I got up this morning. Convinced I was NOT pregnant because my boobs are not really sore anymore, but I knew I had to POAS for Erin and just so I can stop wondering.
I actually peed in a cup because I really suck at actually hitting the stick while trying to pee directly on it. So I pee'd in the cup, dipped the test in, set it on the counter and went down stairs to let the dogs out. Came right back up saying to myself "this is going to be negative, be prepared". Well, I was so wrong!! It was positive. And not just a little. I didn't even have to squint. I mean it was REALLY positive!!
I just started shaking and crying and saying OMG OMG OMG, while I walked in circles in my bathroom. I kept looking at it in disbelief. Then I pulled out a Dollar Store test and did that one and that was positive too, so I knew the first one wasn't a fluke.
I AM PREGNANT!!!!!
3 Freaking years of hell and this moment was worth every minute of it!!!

5 comments:

Dagny said...

I KNEW IT!!

And you deserve it so much.

I am beyond happy for you.

Love ya!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Barb said...

Thanks Jen!!!
Your next!!!
Love you!!
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! So excited for you!!!! Many hugs. :D

decemberbaby said...

YAAAAAAY!!!!!

Erin said...

This was the most beautiful pix message I could have possibly seen in forever! And to see it the morning I was to deliver your new nephews makes it even more sweeter! Thanks for testing for me early and not waiting until your blood test.

I LOVE YOU