Friday, April 4, 2008

4 Weeks 3 Days Pregnant

I know your all waiting for the DH story, so here it is!! I went to the Dollar Store and got some Balloons. They didnt' have plain solid colors so I couldnt' do pink and blue. I did some mylar balloons. A congrats one, a couple smilies, and couple different colored hearts. I also bought him a bottle of wine and a bib that said "I Love My Daddy". I put the pics of our embryos in a frame. Tooka Digi test and put that along with the other two test I took on the counter. I also put my new book "What to Expect when Expecting" and a baby name book on the counter for him to see as soon as he walked in. Here is what it looked like:


















I called him to ask what time he was coming home because sometimes he works until 7pm. I had to go watch my neice and I wanted to be there when he saw it. So he said he was leaving around 5pm. I told him to hurry because I "Bought" him a surprise. Around 4:30, I went to check the display I made and the "Pregnant" had dissapeared off the digi. I went and read the directions and it said it only stays on there for an HOUR! I so should have read the directions BEFORE I POAS. So I called Russ back and told him to call me when he was in the car on his way home so I could get his "surprise" ready. Since I'd have to pee on the other digi and I didn't want it to dissapear. Well, I heard the garage open around 6:15. I was so excited I met him at the door and said "Are you ready for your surprise?" So he came in saw it, looked at me, looked back at the stuff, went closer and said "Are you?" I said "YUP"!! and he was like "Really? This is for real?" I said "Yup! We are Really Pregnant. It took 3 years honey, but we finally did it". He started shakeing and crying and hugging me. Then I cried. Especially since my husband does NOT cry. He doesnt' cry when he's sad, or at funerals or at Extreme Makeover home edition. I don't think he's cried since he was a kid. Then he just kept hugging me. He asked who knew and I said Pretty much everyone in the world beside my parents and your family. I wanted to save someone for you to tell I asked if he was mad that I didn't call him and explained why and he said NO! I loved my surprise. Then he told me he just figured I bought something for his new truck. Like that was going to happen!! Then he called his sister and his mom and dad. He was so excited. Couldn't stop smiling!!! His mom was so excited she said "Oh, I can't wait to tell work i'll need a few weeks off in November or December!!" It was so nice to give them GOOD NEWS about this TTC thing.


Also, my friend Sara gave me a bunch of stuff yesterday:














One of the best things in there is her Doppler!! Obviously I'll have to give that one back but I'm so excited I don't have to buy one. And it's a good one too!!


Then my old assistant Shellie sent me this nice little plant and balloons.



















I was awoken by terrible cramps last night. I was so scared. I went to the bathroom and luckily no blood. I had the cramps for maybe 5-10 minutes and they went way and I fell back asleep. I was so scared though that I ended up dreaming I had a miscarriage. Ugh....that sucked!! I woke up today and POAS again. Just to make sure yesterday was not a dream. I took a pic of me with it for those that reaquested it.

















I realized too that once you POAS and get a positive, THAT is when all your symptoms REALLY start. This morning I was gagging the whole time I brushed my teeth. I had to brush my teeth over the toilet because I thought for sure I was going to vomit. Oh, and I was starving while in the shower. I had to go eat a nutri grain bar before I could even get dressed. That's very different since usually I don't eat until 10am. Then this morning I went and did my beta. Now I just await the results. I hope I get a high number. Especially after the cramps. It's going to be a long weekend waiting for my second set of results. Stressful, but I'll just remain positive.

In news that is NOT about me.........My Friend Erin had her babies!!!
She was only 31 weeks. The boys (Maddox & Marcus) were born about 4lbs each.
They have feeding tubes and oxygen and stuff, but they are doing great!!!
Erin sounds good too. I still can not get over that she's a mom!!
Life is so crazy sometimes!!

Congrats Erin and Steve!!!!
Love you guys!

9 comments:

Laura said...

So cool!! Seth and I both read it and you made HIM cry too! LOL

To and Russ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Dagny said...

OMG

Love your new song, much cheerier! Now I dont' have to reach for the volume control!! ;)

And how cute. CUTE.

Made me cry. Good, happy tears.

Love you.

And CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Holy shit, you're gonna be a mom!!!!!

Rachel said...

I love the "surprise" yet set up for your husband. So incredibly sweet. And of course he thought it was about his truck ...

sara said...

Saw you had a positive on lost and found. Congrats! That is so exciting..and I love the way you told your husband. I just found out a few hours ago that we are pregnant from our first IVF also! What a great end to the week for both of us..can't stop smiling..although it feels a little surreal.

Soapchick said...

Congratulations!!! I love what you did for your husband. I'll have to remember that for when I get my BFP!

AwkwardMoments said...

What a great way to tell your husband! Congrats

JW Moxie said...

Many congratulations to you and your husband!

Erin said...

I love you and Russ so much and am so excited for the two of you!!! You guys are so deserving of this and are going to be such wonderful parents!!! Here's to 9 months of pure bliss and excitement. Enjoy each and every single moment, take it from me...it goes by way too fast!
Love You!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Loved your story! My husband and I just started TTC this month. Wish my cycle was regular.. I'm so anxious. and have yet to figure out the perfect way to tell my husband.