Monday, April 21, 2008

Ultrasound Update!!

6w2d Thats how far along I am.

Ignore all the rest of my preggo dates. They are based on what the internet gave me. My new EDD is 12/13/08 according to the dr. I had my U/S today. I was so incredibly nervous. I thought I was going to throw up. I'm so thankful Russ was there. The nurse asked what we were expecting to see twins or what and I said I figured one. Just my own instinct. Well, as soon as he put the wand in there you could clearly see it was only one. He immediately said, "well it's just one and oh! there is the heart beat. I can see it already" He pointed it out to us. Then he went on to point out the yolk sac and everything. He was really thourough with his descriptions and I was glad, becuase I wanted Russ to understand everything. Then we HEARD the heartbeat. It was beautiful. Probably the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. It was 123. Woo Hoo!!! The Dr said I was measuring 6w2d which was right on schedule according to my transfer. He also said the heart rate was right on. When the Dr and Nurse left the room, I immediately looked at Russ and said "I'm so relieved". We went on to discuss with each other that we were both nervous about having twins. However, neither one us would dare say anything until the U/S. I would have been happy with twins too, but I just would have been a nervous wreck the whole time.

We met with the Dr after that and he asked if I wanted to continue with the progesterone shots or switch to the progesterone suppositories. Well, this was a hard one. I've heard that the suppositories can be very irritating in you woo hoo area and also, they cause spotting. On the other hand, my ass cheeks are killing me from the shots. I have huge knots in both cheeks. They are so bruised that when I roll over at night, it wakes me up. So I asked if we could try the suppositories and if they are too irritating if I can switch back to the shots. He said yes. So that's what we're going to do. At least it will give my butt a break for a bit. Oh, then I asked if I could vacuum now. He said YES!! I know it seems silly, but I have not been able to vacuum in 4 weeks and I have brand new Pink Dyson Vacuum that I have to watch Russ use. Now I can use it!!

We still can't have an sex. I'm going on like 7 weeks of no sex. Russ and I have NEVER gone that long. Not even when we lived in two different states!!! However, now that I'll be stuffing progesterone up my woo hoo, I probably won't want to have sex anyway. I'll take my sexual frustrations out on my carpets with my vacuum!!!

Here's a pic of our Bambino!!! My bambino is on the left and the yolk sac is on the right.
























Next U/S is on May 5th. If all is ok then, I'll get transferred back to my OB.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Did the doctor explain the new EDD? I'm asking because I had an ultrasound today too, and they also gave me a different EDD (12/18) but I couldn't understand why. I'm so glad you could hear the heartbeat.

AwkwardMoments said...

Hey Bambino! Congratulations!

Sex, It's been so long for me I am going to need instructions when It finally happens

Anonymous said...

Yay for heartbeat! What a great appt. Congratulations!!!

Phoenix said...

I'm thrilled for you - for the bambino and the Dyson!!!

Don't really know what else to say other than I'm really, really happy for you. I don't really know you but can tell that you're a lovely person and deserve this.

Now all we need is for Dagny to get pregnant and it'll be perfect!

Yay for babies!! xxx