Monday, February 18, 2008

PLEASE tell my husband................

that bills do NOT go away if you ignore them!
Collection agencies do NOT forget about a bill that you owe.

My husband has owed $97 to Sprints since 2003. Before we got together. They sent letters and collection agents sent letters and he threw them out. It showed up on our credit report in July when we bought our house and Russ said it wasn't his. Must be a mistake.
So anyway, tonight, they called the house (pretty scary that they have this number when my husband doesn't even know our home phone number and it's in MY name) but anyway, I gave him the phone and I heard him say "What is it? I'll check on it an call you back, what's your number" . I know he wasnt' writing the number down since he was in the living room with NO pen. Anyway, after he hung up, he told me it was Sprint again. So, I'm like well why not just deal with it. He's like I dont' have an account from 2006 so it's not mine. So why not tell them that? I mean seriously. It does NOT JUST GO AWAY!!!!
Anyway, I called them back (number on caller ID), I asked all the details they had. They said the account was from 2001-2003 and he never paid the last bill. I spent 15 minutes on the phone having this nice chat with the collection lady. Getting all the details we needed and talking about how ridiculous it was to send a $97 to a collection agency 3 years AFTER the bill was due and to still be collecting on it 2 more years after that.
She said didn't you get all our letters? I was like um...................probably. But my husband thinks if he ignores stuff, it just goes away, hence why I called you back. So anyway, I have their address and I'm sending them $97 since my husband is a pain in the freaking ass!

I'm getting so sick and tired of fixing every freaking flaw on his credit report. I've taken care of EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM on there so far. His judgments...............I CALLED and got as much info as I could so we could get all of this shit straightend out. He just freaking ignores everything and then blames the companies when it show's up on our credit report. No ASS HAT! It's YOUR FAULT! And if you truely don't owe the money then take care of it THEN! That way, you have ALL the info and proof you need. You don't ignore them for years and expect to win! You're not hurting them................you're hurting OUR credit! So just take care of it already!!!
Ughhhh...........I want to slap him!
The worst part is. He's annoyed with me right now because I called back and got the info.
Are you kidding me????? I'm FiXING IT!

I have to go to bed before I slap someone.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Men... What would they do w/o us?? Seriously!! I feel you Barb!