Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Appointment Today

I had my appointment today for my Injection class, Trial Transfter, and Hystosonogram. Oh, and I had to have more bloodwork because the hospitial forgot to run my Hep B and Hep C tests with my last blood draw. Bastards!

Anyway, we left the house at 7am today and drove to Charolotte. The drive sucked! Charlotte is so freaking crowded during rush hour. Way too many people and way too little road!
I'm so glad Russ drove because I would have been a nervous wreck!

We got there at 8:30 and I went to the lab and had my blood work done. Then Russ and I had the injection class. It was really lame. We didn't get to practice or anything. Just listened. Well, actually, there was this funny a partial body (basically, a butt with stumps), and the guys did get to practice the Progesterone shots on those. Those shots are the Intermuscular shots and are pretty painful I guess and hard to do. So she did let them practice on the butt. Russ did well.

Then I had my other stuff. The trial transfer was a piece of cake!! I didn't feel a thing. Actually I didn't even know he'd done it. Good thing we did the trial too because my cervix is crooked or somehting. He needed to put in a special plastic piece to help guide the cathedar. Still didn't feel a thing so that was great.
Then he asked if I wanted to empty my bladder (needed to be full for the trial transfer) and I said no, just do the hystersonogram. So he did. That one SUCKED!!
Same type deal however, they shoot dye in your uterus and it hurts like a son-of-a-bitch!!!

The Dr also informed me that we do NOT need to do ICSI which REALLY pisses me off. We already paid for ICSI based on HIS notes in my file.
He said now that he would reccomend a "partial" ICSI. Maybe do a few with ICSI and then see how the rest do naturally. So now I have to call and find out the price difference and see if we can get a refund from integramed. We paid an extra $2500 for the ICSI. If we can get half that back, that'd be great! We'll see what they say.

Now I"m home because I'm tired. I slept like crap last night and I have a headache, so I decided not to go into work. I'm going to make some calls and take a nap.

Oh, and I started my Lupron shots last night. All is good with that!

2 comments:

Dagny said...

Sounds like you had fun!

And I imagined Russ would be good with the shots, those engineers take thing very seriously! ;)

Hope the lupron is a breeze, and you get some money back! I'd be a bit ticked off myself!

Erin said...

Sounds like your appointment went well. I sure hope you can get that refund. When will Russ start giving you injections?