Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lupron Side Effect?????

Does Lupron make you more domesticated? Just wondering because I have cooked dinner THREE nights in a row!
Those of you who know me, know that my husband does all the cooking. I very rarely cook.
However, Lately I've had all this motivation in the kitchen!
Tonight I made the best dinner. It was so easy, yet so delicious. Russ said aside of my stuffed green peppers, this is the best meal I've ever cooked. AND.....................it's the easiest clean up ever! 'm going to post the recipe for this dinner at the end of my blog entry today.
Melissa - You and Patty will LOVE this. Make sure you try and let me know what you think!

On to other news................I DID IT!!!
I gave myself my Lupron shot today!! I'm such a big girl.
It didn't hurt at all. Like a little prick of the skin.

A week from tomorrow I may be starting my stimulation drugs. Can you believe it? Time is flying by. Everyone said it would, but I didn't believe any of them.\

Well, that's it for today.
Here is the YUMMY recipe I promised you..............


Foil-Pack Chicken and Artichoke Dinner
"Baked in a foil-pack, this Mediterranean-inspired chicken and rice dish is ready to eat in less than an hour."

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups instant white rice,
uncooked
3 cups warm water
6 small boneless skinless
chicken breast halves, 1/2 inch
thick
1 (13.75 ounce) can artichoke
hearts, drained, quartered
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian
Dressing
1/4 cup pesto


DIRECTIONS:
1.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix rice and water; spoon evenly onto center of each of six large sheets of heavy-duty foil. Top each with 1 chicken breast. Cover evenly with the artichokes and tomatoes, then drizzle evenly with the combined dressing and pesto.
2.
Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place packets in single layer in 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
3.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (170 degrees F). Remove packets from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Place one packet on each of six dinner plates. Cut slits in foil with sharp knife to release steam before opening.

1 comment:

Dagny said...

OMG.

You cooked?

Three nights in a row???

*falls over dead*

hehee.