Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Childhood Flash Back!

flashback gif 2

I opened my bottle of baby aspirin and had a major childhood flashback!
Let me explain...................

Picture it..............Rochester, NY 1978. I was an adorable 4 year old!
I remember sitting on the front steps of our little cape cod. My sister (7 years old) sat next to me.
I had a bottle of baby aspirin in my hand. Here is what I remember of the conversation

Me: Look what I found
Julie: So, it's medicine
Me: Yah, but it taste like those little candies in the clear wrapper (referring to smarties)
Julie: It's medicine, not candy. You can't eat it.
Me: Yes I can.

I then proceeded to eat the entire bottle. It was a small bottle. I don't know how many I ate. They were good though. Anyway, my lovely sister sat and LET ME eat the whole thing. THEN she went and told my mom.
So, I got rushed to the hospital, stomache pumped, IV's and such.
I still didn't understand what was going on. My mom asked why i ate them and I told her "They tasted like candy". What was she thinking, that at 4 years old I was trying to commit suicide? Of course I ate them all because they tasted good!

Anyway, today I opened the bottle of baby aspirin ( I have to take it everyday for IVF) and I got a whiff of that orangey good flavor and I wanted to EAT THEM!
Since I've already OD'd on them, I decided NOT to chew and just swallow it whole. Hate to get addicted.

over dose

1 comment:

Dagny said...

LOL

I used to love the taste of those too.