Wednesday, August 15, 2007

FINALLY!!!

I have tv AND Internet!!!! I am complete!

We moved on Friday, August 10th. It was 102 degrees outside. If that was not bad enough, once we got Russ's truck and trailer loaded with ALL 4 of my TV's (amongst other things) and we were getting ready to load the box truck..........................it started raining! Out of no where, clouds appearred and the rain started pouring down. We quickily got the trailer in the garage and covered the truck bed with a tarp. It only lasted about an hour, and once it dried up, we pretty much got everything here and unloaded.

I have been cleaning and unpacking ever since. This house was DIRTY!!! I've never moved to a dirty place before. Both of the last places I bought were empty and CLEAN. This was extremely dirty and I'm still cleaning 6 days later. I'm almost done though. I just have to scrub the other half of the kitchen floor. I got half of it done today (with bleach) on my hands and knees. It took about 2 1/2 hours. I'm probably the only one that would notice the difference, but I feel so much better now that it's almost done. I have about 4 more BIG boxes to unpack, butg it's miscellaneous stuff and I have to figure out where it is going. Plus, Russ and I have to figure out where to hang our pictures and stuff.

Our Den (or media room as we call it) is AWSOME. I'll post a pic later. It's small, but it fits our 2 brand new recliners a table and our 47" HD TV perfect!!!

I LOVE this house. It's been a lot of work to clean it, but I absolutely love the lay out and the neighborhood. It's so nice to sit outside and hear nothing but nature or the occasional child playing outside. We are almost at the end of the street (it dead ends at a cul-de-sac), so we very rarely see ANY cars. In our last neighborhood, we were very close to a main road which was heavly traveled by 18 wheelers and I constantly heard air breaks. Also, a bunch of trashy punks lived down the street from us (we were the FIRST house on that street) and they go screeching up our road like maniacs. This place is SO different. It's so peaceful and pretty. It has TONS of trees in the whole neighborhood. I also LOVE my HUGE master bath. It's so big!!! My other master bath was smaller then a coat closet. It's so great having all that room to move. I also have a formal dining room that looks so rich with our new furniture. There are so many things I love about it. I just can't name them all. I just love, love, LOVE IT!!!

The best part of this move...................well, there are actually two. First, I lost 6 1/2 pounds!! Second, the last thing on my mind was getting pregnant or babies!

Now that I have internet, I will definately get all caught up on my blogging.

Well, I'm off to watch my BIG HD TV!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

YAY!!! I was wondering when you were gonna give us an update!!! Sorry it was so hot but glad the move went smoothly despite the temperature!! You probably SWEAT that 6 lbs off!!!!!! LOL

Hope to chat with you tomorrow but dont know when I'll be online cause it looks like I might be babysitting..yippee. Call me if you want to chat!! I'd love to hear all about the move!

Oh and I'm super Jealous!!!! Arrrggg!

Erin said...

One more month from tomorrow and I'll get to see it myself! I can't wait to see it AND you and Russ!