Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Buddy's Story

Meet Buddy


This Cute little dog was basically abandoned by where I work. He lives across the street from where I work and there has been no one there for over a week. I kept telling my dad that he needed to steal the dog the next time he came over in our yard, but my dad did not want to upset the neighbors. Most likely because we don't work in the nicest area and he was afraid that they might mess with the building or something while we are not there. Anyway, last week it was in the mid to upper 90's all week. We got a hold of the landlord and asked about the lady that lived there and the dog. He said He's been trying to get a hold of her for a week and she's never there and does not return phone calls. The landlord also said that last he knew, she did not want the dog and that's why she left it outside. I guess she wanted it to run away. Well, once my dad heard this, he was much easier to convince to take the dog home. So, he checked with my mom and she said he could bring him home.



My big rescue plan was to just have him follow me in the door the next time he came in the yard. And that's pretty much how it worked out. He came over and I pet him for a minute then I walked in the building and he followed and my dad took him home that night. He got the name Buddy from my niece who played with him the day before at Arch Tech. My dad decided that's the name the dog would get. Kayla (My Niece) who wants a dog so bad but lives in an apartment, asked my mom if Buddy could be HER dog but live with them.



Buddy has adjusted very well to his new home. He has another dog to play with (Sam the dalmation) and he has a cat to torment (jake). He's pretty calm for a puppy. Definately still has the puppy energy though and chewing habits. But he listens really well and has only had One accident in the house.

He does not really care for the outside anymore. Who can blame him. He's spent his whole life outside neglected. I don't know how you can neglect that face!

On Monday he went to the vet. The vet guessed he is 4 1/2 to 5 months old based on his teeth. He weighed in at about 10 1/2lbs. He said all looks well aside of a patch of skin that has no fur. He said it's probably nothing and will grow in now that he's being properly nourished but to keep an eye on it. He also could not understand how someone could neglect or abandon that face.



Here are some pics of him at his new house with his new family:

And here is a littel video of him chasing bubbles.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/bcannito/?action=view&current=100_1088.flv

He's adorable. Everyone loves him (excepte Jake the cat). He's not going to get much bigger. He'll probably be 16 or 17 lbs total. So he'll stay cute!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Good job Barb!!! I love him!! I wish I could come see him.. He really is so cute.. I want him...LOL Just glad he is safe and taken care of now.. People suck sometimes... Especailly when it comes to hurting children and animals!!

Dagny said...

I just love him!!!

that story makes me feel good.

Thank you so much for saving him.

Laura said...

What do you mean by........ "He'll probably be 16 or 17 lbs total. So he'll stay cute!!!"??????

Morgan is 85 lbs and STILL CUTE!!!

LOL

Buddy's name really should have been Lucky! Cause he is one Lucky Dog!!!