Monday, April 16, 2007

Warning: Long Entry Ahead

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sorry I have not updated in awhile. I've wanted to, but it seems like I just run out of time every night.
Also, I had to go edit some of my past blogs because I found out I did not collapse my lung, I pinched a nerve in my shoulder blade (extremely close to my lung) which is why I felt like it was my lung due to the fact that it hurt to breath. I'm feeling 100% today. I had to work it out basically. The more active I was, the better it felt.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It is SO windy here. I almost blew away!!! It's like 25-35 mph winds with wind gusts of 50+ mph. It's crazy. This weather is so crazy. We've had weather from 80 degrees to 50 degrees overnight. My sinuses are going crazy. I've had a constant sinus headache for days.
I wish mother nature would just pick a temperature range and stick to it.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Today I had my Pre-Op appointment with my Doctor and with the surgery department. My appointment with my Doctor was at 8:30. I got there, they weighed me and then I went in and waited for the Dr. He came in, told me that my surgery was Thursday (already knew that), told me they would look for endimetriosis and if I had it they would remove it. Also he said if I had fluid in my tubes, they'd remove my tubes Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket WHAT???? I did NOT like that.
Anyway, then he asked if I had any questions, I said no and he passed me to the secretary who had my orders for the surgery. I went to check out and he CHARGED ME!! Can you freakin' believe that? How do you charge someone for a Pre-Op appointment (when your making a killing on the surgery) and you didn't do shit!! He talked to me for 5 freakin' minutes and charged me a $25 co-pay! I think its bullshit!!!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket9:25am
Down to the out patient surgery center. I checked in, filled out a shit load of paper work and waited for them to call me in. I was there about 10 minutes before they called me in. Not bad.
First I met with the surgical nurse. She asked me a bunch of questions regarding my medical history and had me sign more papers saying I was aware that I could die or be paralyzed. Then she gave me these 2 tubes of stuff and told me I had to wash my entire body with this special soap on Wednesday night and Thursday morning before surgery. I have to turn off the shower lather up, wait 5 minutes and rinse!
Also, I have to give myself an enema Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketWhat is up with that? They make all this money doing this stuff and I have to make sure that I'm clean enough (inside and out) for surgery? Isn't this there job! I've only had surgery one time and I was 5 years old, so I don't remember it really. I had no idea it was this scary.
After the surgical nurse was done with me, The anesthesia (sp?) nurse came in and asked me a bunch more questions. Reminded me that I could die or be paralyzed. Told me NO food or drink after midnight. Not even water! That's going to suck. I like to have something to drink in the morning when I get up. She even warned me not to swallow any water or paste when I brushed my teeth. I hope my surgery is in the morning.
Then she said make sure you wear something LOOSE and comfortable. I replied with "I've gained 12 pounds in a year, I don't have anything Loose and Comfortable". Luckily, I DO have my Grey's Anatomy Scrubs that Russ got me for Valentines Day. Those are nice and loose!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket 10:40am
Had to give a urine sample and blood. Urine sample no problem since I was about to pee my pants! Then time for the blood. This bitchy nurse comes over and tells to sit in the chair (the chair that they take blood in). Then she leaves me there. Never said she'd be right back or SOME ONE will be right with me. She didn't say crap! Just left me there! I waited for 25 freakin' minutes by myself. Finally, this guy comes carrying a little caddy full of needles and tubes. Along with him came a younger girl. He introduced her as his student (that was pretty obvious) and asked if I minded is she tied my arm and found the vein (since she's learning), he said she wont actually take your blood if you don't want her to, I just want her to practice finding the vein. I said No Problem. And I told them that if she wanted she could take my blood. I wasn't afraid. I figured I was in the hospital in the surgery department, I was pretty safe. Plus, this guy was right there and checking everything she did. So anyway, she finds the vein and puts the needle in....................then I hear "Ooops" . Luckily, she followed up with "Oh, there it goes. I thought I missed your vein". The guy was like "Don't EVER say Oops to a patient. Just fix the problem quietly. But definitely do NOT say Oops!" He was not very happy with her. I just laughed. I was alive and not bleeding, so why be upset? They took on VERY LARGE vial of blood and then said that's it. I was like YAY! Ever sine I've been TTC, I've had 6-9 vials of blood taken at a time, so only having one was a treat. I got up all excited to be able to leave since I'd been there for 3 hours and the guys like oh wait, we need one more vial. Then he yelled at the bitchy nurse for not letting him know that I needed this additional test. I was pissed that I had to sit back down, but happy that he told off the rude nurse. He was extremely apologetic and was very quick about getting the second vial. I finally got out of there at 11:30.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm very nervous about this surgery. Not that I'm scared I'm going to die, I'm just nervous about the whole thing. I wish they didn't have to tell you all this stuff. I'm not a details person. Just tell me your going to put me out and check for endimetriosis. All the details just make me worry about pain and complications. Now I'm going to spend 3 days thinking "What if?"
I think they should tell you all this stuff the day OF your surgery. Not 3 days before.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I picked my niece Kayla up after school today and she was asking me about my surgery (she's 6). Here's the conversation;

Kayla: What are they going to do to you during surgery?
Me: Well, they will just cut 2 little slits in my tummy and then they will use a little camera to look around.
Kayla: Is that how they are going to find your baby?
Me: Um.....no, there is no baby in there yet, but this may help us figure out why.

I'm thankful she was satisfied with that and didn't ask me anything else about that.

Well, I think I've written enough for today. Believe it or not, I have so much more I could write, but I think you are probably sick of reading it by now.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketLove and Baby DustPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: