Friday, May 11, 2007

Sleepover

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My niece Kayla slept over last night. Usually, she sleeps over on non-school nights, but my sister was going to be over an hour away and if Kayla didn't sleep over, my sister would have been picking her up at 10pm. All went well at first. We had dinner, watched a movie played the game Life. Well, at 8:45 it was time for bed and Kayla (knowing how to play me) decided she was going to cry and tell me "I miss my mommy", "I just want to go home", "Please call my mommy". Now, I know she just didn't want to go to bed, but I'm a sucker when it comes to her crying. I can't deal well with it at all. So, the wimpy Aunt that I am decided to go get the movie we watched and I told her she could watch it in bed if she wanted. This got rid of the tears instantly!! She called me in a half hour later to ask me "Did you call my mom?, Is she coming to get me?". I told her I left a message. 1/2 hour later she was out like a light!!!!
I went to bed around 11pm ( I stayed in the bed with her) and she woke up at 3:30am and asked me "What did my mom say?", Is she coming to get me?" I had talked to my sister, but no way was she coming to get her since Kayla was sleeping by then. Plus, I live 35 minutes from my sister. So I lied and told Kayla that her mommy had a really bad tummy ache and couldn't drive all the way to my house. She bought it. Snuggled up all close to me and went back to sleep.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I also got extremely mad at my husband last night. He has a golf league on Thursday nights. They start around 4pm and he's done by 6:30 or 7, they have a drink and he's ALWAYS home by 8pm. Well, I needed some stuff at the grocery store for Kaylas lunch and breakfast and I was planning on going when Russ got home since I hate taking Kayla to the store because she asks for everything (and I'm a sucker and buy it), and she's pokey! So, 8pm comes and goes, I start calling his cell (which I KNOW he has on him) he doesn't answer, doesn't call me back. So I had to put kayla in the car and drive to the store. Got home, put Kayla in bed, she's crying, phone rings.......................It's Russ. Here's our conversation;

Russ: Hey Honey!
Me: Did enjoy your DRINKS!
Russ: We didn't stay for drinks.
Me: It's freakin' DARK OUT, you wern't golfing!
Russ: Yah, we just finished up. We decided to play 18 instead of 9 holes.
Me: Thanks for the fucking phone call!!
Russ: Well you had Kayla there, I just figured....
Me: Figured that gave you reason to stay out an extra 2 hours without a phone call!!!, I needed stuff at the store, I was waiting for you to get home, instead, I had to pack a 6 year old up and take her with me because I didn't know when the hell you were coming home
Russ: I guess we'll have to figure this out once we have our own kids
Me: WHEN WE HAVE OUR OWN KIDS YOUR ASS WILL NOT BE GOLFING UNTIL 9:30PM!!!!
Russ: Your right I should have called
Me: I gotta go, Kaylas crying!
Russ: Ok, Bye
Me: (CLICK)

I was sooo pissed! He ALWAYS calls me to let me know if he's running late or he's going to golf extra, but for some reason, he figured last night he didn't have too. He was SO wrong. Mind you this is the 3rd time this week he golfed. I don't care about that. He works hard, he can golf as much as he wants, but he needs to be a little considerate!

I'm taking a 1/2 day today because we're going to the mountains to meet up with my in-laws. I'm excited!! Just to get away is exciting! Plus, I adore my inlaws!

This has been long enough. Need to get some work done!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Dagny said...

Tell him that was very jerk like behaviour. LOL.

Glad you had fun with Kayla!!!!!

Laura said...

HEY BARB!!!! Hope you are having fun in the MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!!