Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Movie/TV/Book Reviews

This is a different kind of post for me. I'm going to review some Movies/TV/Book reviews that I've seen/read this past few days.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
First Review: The Movie, The Freedom Writers
I watched this movie Friday night by myself. The whole reason I rented the movie because of "McDreamy" (Greay Anatomy), but surprisingly, he was barely in it. That's ok though, because the movie was INCREDIBLE! It's about the Gangs of Long Beach, CA. I was shocked to see what these 13 and 14 year olds have gone through in their life. It almost didn't seem real. It really makes you realize that teachers are under paid. However, I also think they are under educated. I think that in todays world with todays kids (including the different cultures they come from), future teachers need to take intensive sociolgy and psychology courses. Todays children are not easy. You can't blame parents alone. I think a lot of people turn there back on kids today. Teachers, Parents, Principals, and the public in general. It takes a strong person to be able to stick it out when it comes to todays children.
Since I'm trying to conceive, this was really an eye opener. Being a parent will not be easy, but I believe it's worth every ounce of energy it's going to take. The benefit I have.......................it's been, and still is, a struggle to get pregnant, so I believe that I won't take for granted the gift if I ever get the chance. I can't guarntee it, but I know for sure that I've learned that nothing in life worth having comes easy. I will NOT forget that when it comes to raising my child!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Second Movie Review: The Pursuit of Happyness
This movie made me feel weak. I've never seen someone sacrafice so much to gain even more. I know that I am not strong enough to do what this man did. I'm ashamed to admit that, but it's true. The fact that a man did not give up on bettering his life and that of his childs, amazes me. I think the saddest part was that a Mother could not make any sacrafices for her child. She gave up! She would rather live without her son then struggle for a bit and stand by her man and show her child REAL values. I can't comprehend that. I could not leave my niece much less a my child. A product of me and the love of my life. How do you do that?
This movie actually made me want to better myself in ways I never thought of. I"m not sure how to do it or what to do, all I know is that I WANT to do better. As a wife and as a human. I have a need for something and some how, I'm going to get it.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Book Review: The Freedom Writers Diaries
After watching the movie, I couldn't help but buy the book, The Freedom Writers Diaries. It's a book with the journals/Diaries that the kids wrote. I'm only on page 67, and I'm already amazed. I could hardly put the book down. The only reason I did was because Bon Jovi was on American Idol! So far the book is great. So much more detail aobut what these kids thought and lived through. I'll write more about it when I read more. However, so far, so GOOD!!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
TV Review: American Idol
Well, first let me tell you, Bon Jovi is my FAVORITE singer EVER! I've loved him since I was 12! So, being that he was on American Idol tonight, I was obvioulsy dreading what these singers may do to his music. Mind you, I've always liked Jordin and I think that Blake is GREAT, but the rest are nothing to sing about! I was even a tad sceptical of how Jordin and Blake would do.
Here are my thoughts on each singer:

Paul Stacy - I thought he did really good. I don't normally like him, however when he does country he is pretty good. I was NOT expecting him to do well with Bon Jovi songs, but he surprised me. I actually thought he did a good job.

Jordin Sparks - She is my favorite girl on the show. However, I did not think she did great with the Bon Jovi song she chose. I think she's great and very versatile in her music, but Rock proved to be her weaker point. I still think she's great, but she needs to stay away from Rock.

Lekesha - I thought she was great in the begining of the season, but her personality in the last few weeks has been so drab, I just don't care for her. However, I think she did well tonight. Her perosnality shined for once in 5 weeks. She finally looked really happy to be on the show.

Blake Lewis - He FLOORED me! I was nervous at first because he wa singing my all time FAVORITE song from Bon Jovi and John Bon Jovi did NOT seem impressed with it. However, Blake Rocked! He did a sort of a re mix of "Shot Through The Heart". He did a little beat boxing and really made it different, yet kept it great! I would buy that single in a second if he recorded it. I had to rewind and watch it 3 times!!!

Chris Richardson - Normally, I don't like him. I wanted him to be voted off weeks ago. However, he sang "Dead or Alive" and I think he did a great job with it. Simon didn't like it, but he can't always be right.

Melinda Doolittle - Loved her in the begining of the show, have hated her for the last 4 weeks. Her fake shyness is really annoying. However, tonight she kicked some serious ASS! And she had NO fake shyness afterwords. So 2 thumbs up for her!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket YUMMY!!!

Ok, that's it for the reviews. I've just enjoyed the last few day so much, that I wanted to share!
Hope you enjoyed. Rent some movies this Week!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: