Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend Recap

The Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket reared her ugly head on Saturday morning around 5:30am. I woke up with major cramps and lower back pain. Could not sleep at ALL!!! I had no Advil in the house and nothing in my town upened until 8am, so I had to wait 3 hours. I've never had lower back pain that severe during AF. It was wierd. I really hope my Dr didn't screw anything up when I had my surgery.

I basically did NOTHING on Saturday. I was so sore. Even with the Advil, my back hurt so bad that I did laundry and that's about it! Oh wait, I took the dogs for a walk with Russ.


Sunday morning was not as bad. I woke up at 5am again with cramps, but I was able to fall back asleep with no meds. I slept in until 10am which is late for me lately. I did my last two loads of laundry and went to pick up Kayla.


I was taking Kayla for a few hours because she is going to her Dad's for 2 weeks and I haven't seen her in a week or two, so I figure I'd take her to do something special! So, we went to Dan Nicholas Park. It's the BEST PARK EVER!!


We started out by going to the water park (where water spurts out of the ground. Kayla went in that, not me. There were a lot of obnoxious little kids in there. Kayla by far was the most well behaved and the most considerate of the other kids. I'm not just saying that either.
After that water park we went on the Paddle Boats to feed the ducks. Here's a pic........






This was a lot of fun, but it was a LOT of work for me since Kayla can not reach the pedals and kept telling me to Faster!! I need to start working out on my elliptical before we go back there!

Also, when I went to bed last night, my back felt soooo bruised. Like my shoulder blades and spine must have been pressed to hard against the hard plastic of the boat. I'm only 4'11", so I had to stretch a bit.
After the boats, we went to the Gem Mineing spot. Here, they give you a bucket of sand and you go to these water table things (you'll see in the pics) and you pour thet dirt in the sifters and place it in the water and see if you got any gems. Kayla had a LOT of gems in her dirt. Me......not so much.





This is her Emptying the small rocks she didn't want.

And the pic on the right is her first two BIG gems she found. She ended up with about 10 big gems and two shark teeth. She was pleased with her self.

After Gem Mining, we were off to Putt Putt golf (this is ALL in the same park)





Carousel and Train were next

And then we played on the playground for a little while.
About halfway through the day, Kayla said "Aunt Barbie, This is like the BEST time we've had in a LONG time".
I agreed. I wish we didn't have to leave. But we had to go so she could go to her dad's.
I got home around 7pm. Russ made hamburgers. Made mine entirely too big. Plus, he makes the fancy burgers with Egg and spices.Yuck. I don't have the heart to tell him I hated it. I just ate about half of it. He did know that it was too big. I just can not eat BIG burgers. I like mine thin and flat. The ones he made himself were so big they were almost like a ball. GROSS!
Anyway, that's it. Highlights of my weekend.
Hope you all have a Happy Monday!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


No comments: