Thursday, March 29, 2007

Oh What a Relief!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I got our statement from the insurance company for our appointment at the Fertility clinic last month. At that appointment they drew 9 vials of blood from me for tests and 4 for Russ. Also, we had the consultation. At the time they just charged us the co-pay. The last time I had blood work (4 vials) we had WellPath (fuck you over) insurance and they didnt cover ONE penny. I got a bill for $360. So, I was REALLY dreading this bill even though we switched insurance companies, I wasn't sure what they'd cover so I was still scared. I opened up the bill and the "original" charges were $675, we are only responsible for $98.14!!! That is soooo freakin' awsome! I feel SO much better now.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I've determined that my dog Carter is a moron. When I got home today, I gave him and Koko (our other dog) a rawhide bone. Usually, we give them these little flat ones, but Russ bought them a special mixed bag of really big raw hide bones. So we had 2 left. One was a circle, about 3" in diameter, and the other was a straight 6" bone. Both are about and inch or so thick. Anyway, I gave Carter the round one and gave Koko the straight one. Well Carter was just walking in circles with the bone in his mouth whining. I was thinking what the hell is wrong with him. Then it dawned on me, maybe he doesnt know how to eat a circular bone. So, I switched their bones. Gave Koko the round one and Carter the straight one. Well, Carter laid right down and started chewing on his bone. Obviously he IS a moron. Koko has no problem eating the round bone.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I want a FRIED GREEN TOMATO so bad right now! I've never ever had one, but they look and sound SO good! I have a recipe for them now, but I can't find any Green Tomatoes! So, I'm going to have to grow my own! I've never grown a vegetable before. I have trouble keeping plants alive, but I'm really going to try because I REALLY want one!! Everyone says they are really easy to grow, so I'll give it a shot. That will be my project this weekend! How bad would it suck if I went through all this work and ended up hateing them. That would suck! But, I'm willing to risk it!

Well, Russ just walked in with my Fiesta Taco Salad, YUM, so I gotta go!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Erin said...

ANOTHER Fiesta Taco Salad! You are going to turn into the salad pretty soon.
I'm happy to hear about your bill. That is great news! I know the cost of all of this infertility stuff is not helping the stress and anxiety very much!

Laura said...

LOL at Carter!! Funny how he doesnt know how to eat a bone thats shaped like a circle! That is so funny!

Oh and looks like someone is gonna send you some green tomatoes! And you will definately like them ...... I do! Oh but wait didnt we decide that we had alot in common other than food? Oh well hope you like them anyway!

decemberbaby said...

Ahhh... having insurance cover IF treatment really takes some of the sting out, doesn't it?

LMAO at your dog.

Dagny said...

Those tomatos look really fraking good.

VERY happy to hear about your bill!!!

Yay for not having to pay as much!!!