Monday, March 26, 2007

Happy Monday!

Well, today started like SHIT! I was supposed to start my new hours (7am-3:30pm), I told Russ this last night. So, I re set my alarm, however, I left it on CD not on Alarm and there was NO CD in the player, so nothing happened when my alarm went off. Russ, being the oblivious man that he can "occasionally" be, got up, took a shower, checked the weather, had his coffee and dressed and then came in to kiss me goodbye and said "Thought you were going in early"!! DUH! Why the fuck are you waiting until 6:30 to question that ASS! I was so pissed! I got to work at 7:15. No make up, but at least I was showered. And, at least I work for my dad.

I had my Junior Achievement classes today from 11-1pm. I was teaching them about the importance of newspapers and what information is in them. I asked the class how many of then read the newspaper (they are in 3rd grade) and a bunch of hands went up. So, I asked them "What do you read in the paper?". I got the typical answers, Comics, sports, front page, ads,etc. Then I called on Cassie. Here is how THAT conversation went;

Me: Ok Cassie, What section do you read?
Cassie: I read the section where they list all the arrests and crime and stuff
Me: Oh, ok that's good to be informed
Cassie: I have to read that section because my Mom's friends are usually in that section
Me: Ok.............um.................Conner, what section to do you read?

I almost could NOT control the laughter. To make it worse, out of the corner of my eye, I could see the teacher silently laughing extremely hard. it took everything I had to not laugh. And the sad part is....This girl is in 3rd GRADE. She shouldn't know that her mother has Criminals for friends! What she has must seen. It's really NOT funny. But the whole way she just admitted it. Goes to show you, Kids are way more aware then you give them credit for!

I left work at 3;45pm and came home. Problem is.....Russ was doing a side job at his bosses house and wasn't going to be home until 8pm. Well, he's the cook. Without him, I don't really eat! Well, I'll eat like Cheese and crackers, but I won't eat real dinner. I was IM'ing with Jen and Laura and before I knew I was STARVING! It was almost 7pm and NO WAY was I going to cook. So, I decided to go get some Japanese! It was $6 and it was YUMMY! But, I ate it waaaayyy too fast since I was so hungry and it made my tummy hurt!

Now I'm watching Without A Trace from last night and it's really good, so I need to sign off and watch it!

C-YA!!!

2 comments:

decemberbaby said...

Oh, the things that nine-year-olds say! I once had a kid tell me that he'd like to be a rap star when he grew up, but if he couldn't do that then he wanted to have his own gang. Shocking, sad, and yet really funny coming out of this sweet kid's mouth.

Mmmm... japanese... I shoulda had that instead of pizza!

Erin said...

I did it!!! I have a blog!!! Don't know how often I'll update, but at least I can add comments to your posts!!!