Friday, January 11, 2008

UPDATE on IVF Appt!

ttc through ivf

The appointment went well. Actually, we almost left because they left us waiting for so long. However, the Dr more then made up for it when he saw us. He was extremely informative and very funny!!

After going over our records and asking us some questions, he said we are perfect canidates for IVF and their Shared Risk Program. He figures the reason we havent gotten pregnant yet was because of my endo. He said even with having all my endo removed, chances are we will not conceive naturally. He said endo is very destructive and causes problems that we are not aware of. Anyway, he sounds very positive about it.

Tomorrow the financial lady will call me and we'll go over all the financial. Then we'll go to greensboro to meet with another lady who will give us the IVF education. Indcluding shot classes, etc. When AF shows up (in the next day or two) I have to go back on Lupron (ugh!!!), but just for one month. Then birth control for 2 weeks. In those 6 weeks, we'll get any lab work and testing done that is required for the IVF (i.e. Hepetitius, HIV, etc). Then before I start my injectables, I'll have to have a saline ultra sound and if all is good, let the SHOTS begin!! So, I'm thinking Mid to end of March will be our first IVF.

I'm excited to know we're getting started, but I hate the thought of the Lupron again. He said I have to do the Lupron becuase of my previous endo. I'm excited about the plan. I have an IVF PLAN!!!! I'll be MORE excited once I know exactly what tests we need and once our financials are approved.

Wish me Luck!!

1 comment:

Hurry up & get pregnant............ said...

I am so happy for you. You are so gonna be a 2008 or early 2009 mommy.
I've got everything crossed for you.