Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Recap!

First off, I did the Drano test.
For those of you that don't know what that is, it's supposed to tell you whether your having a boy or girl. I don't know how accurate it really is, but it seems to be right for some girls I know.
I've always thought I'm having a boy. I had a dream that I had a boy. I also just have a feeling. So if it's like motherly instinct, then I'm having a boy.
Anyway, you use Drano Crystals and first morning urine. Combine them and if it comes out:

Bluish/Green - Girl
Brownish - Boy

Here are my results
Photobucket
Looks like another sign that it's a boy.

Russ got home Friday from his Ohio trip. Well technically, Saturday because he didn't get home until 3:30pm. Saturday I went shopping with my mom while he slept.
Sunday we went out to Breakfast together. Then he went golfing while I cleaned. When he got home, we hung out outside together and cooked pork loin on the grill. It was so yummy!!!
It was nice just hanging out outside.

Also, on Sunday, I noticed my dog Carter had injured his tail. It looked broken. He didn't seem to be in much pain. He still played and ate and drank. Still got excited and slept just fine.
But I took him to the vet to get checked out.
She said it's too swollen to tell if it's broken. But she did some touchy tests and determined that everything was still working. The tail was moving in all directions, he just wasn't lifiting it up. She thinks he either fractured it or just sprained it really bad. She gave him some anti-inflammatory medicine. I also had her check his ears. They are always itching and bugging him. We clean them out once a week with ear solution and Q-tips, but he still has some issues.
She said he has allergies. That's what the ear issue is. She said to wash his ears 2x a week and to help with the itching give him Benedryl.
He was so good at the vet. The vet even said she's never had a dog be so well behaved. He wasn't nervous or shakey. He kissed her after she gave him his rabies shot. He let her look in his ears and touch all over his tail. When she left the room to get his medicine, he went to the door and waited for her to come back. Wierd dog!

Russ leaves for Ohio again tomorrow. Blech!

The high temp today is 101 degrees!

2 comments:

Bevelyn said...

Congratulation with the baby :)

Erin said...

I am glad your Doggy will be ok! I am jealous that it is hot there... It has been cold and rainy here, people are wearing winter coats still.. I will be in Vegas in a few weeks..It was 106 there the other day..Looking forward to heat w/ air conditioning..LOL